*Build Your Natural Hair Care Library*

Friday, April 24, 2009

Castor Oil



Back in the day, castor oil was used by the Pharaohs of ancient Egypt in an effort to prevent hair loss. It is highly emollient odorless oil and works as a deep conditioner to heal and soften both skin and hair. It is highly recommended to treat both eczema and psoriasis. Castor oil is also a humectant because it both attracts and retains moisture.

Castor Oil is rich in fatty acids and very lubricating so it makes for as excellent hot oil treatment for dry damaged hair. It coats the hair shaft and smooths the cuticle layer to seal in moisture, which leaves hair feeling soft and silky. It absorbs easily allowing deep penetration into the hair shaft. It is very important that you do not overuse Castor Oil if you are prone to oily scalp and hair conditions. A hot oil treatment is recommended monthly, while a weekly moisturizing treatment is useful to restore your hair to peak condition.

3 comments:

  1. i love castor oil. If you can try the Jamaican Blaxck Castor oil, you wont be disappointed:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dying to try it. The shipping charges are a turn off. lol

    I don't mind paying a little for 8$ - $10 to ship one little bottle is robbery. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use castor oil in addition to grapeseed oil to wash my face. It works amazingly well and leaves my skin glowing. I used to get my hair twisted with castor oil when I went natural after high school. My hair grew like a weed.

    ReplyDelete