*Build Your Natural Hair Care Library*

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Avocado Oil


Avocado oil is know to promote healthy, strong, thick hair. It is rich in amino acids, proteins, and vitamin A, B1, B2, D, E, and Beta carotene. It is one of the few oils that act as a humectant so it adds moisture to the hair.

It is commonly used as a lubricant in both cosmetics and hair products due to it's moisturizing and regenerative properties. It feels light and is an excellent emollient. It is comprised mainly of linoleic acid, oleic acid, palmitic acid. It also contains several other fatty acids.
It can be used on both dry and wet hair. Based on my research, many people find it to be better for dry hair.

You can also use it to infuse herbs resulting in a rich conditioner. You can also use it to treat scalp problems because it penetrates to nourish the scalp. It also encourage healthy hair growth and women overseas have relied on it for years.

6 comments:

  1. good post , thanks for the info . I've been doing quite a bit of research on different oils that are good for our hair as well. Thanks a bunch. ( smile)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looove using coconut and I'd definitely love it if I could purchase avocado oil locally as well. :)

    Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is one of the more expensive carrier oils but I have seen it in smaller sizes at the local health food store. Also try Whole Foods.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to ask where can I get some!! Whole Foods seems to have everything! This is really informative.. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy..I love avocados for my hair..I want to try the oil soon.

    ReplyDelete