*Build Your Natural Hair Care Library*

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Herb-Infused Oil

This is my Recipe for an Herb-Infused Oil

You will need a glass jar and a plastic tip bottle like those used to apply hair dye.

4 oz. Grapeseed oil
1 oz. Emu oil
1/2 oz. Vegetable glycerin
1/2 oz. Aloe Vera Juice
1/2 tbsp. Horsetail
1/2 tbsp. Nettle
1/2 tbsp. Calendula
1/2 tbsp. Burdock Root
4 Rosehips
Lavender, Chamomile, and Rosemary Essential Oil drops

I placed all the oil and herbs in a glass jar. I placed the jar in a pot of boiling hot water after turning the stove off and and left the herbs in the water until the water cooled. After three days, I poured the mix into my squeeze bottle and added the essential oils. I placed a piece of stocking over the top to act as a strainer during use.

It is recommended that you massage the oil into your scalp every few days.

My testimony: I haven't used the oil consistently in the suggested manner and don't have any more growth than expected within the first year of going natural. Average hair growth is 1/2 inch per month.

No comments:

Post a Comment