By Mocha, eHow Member
A healthy person can easily grow 1/8 of an inch of hair every month. Over the course of patiently waiting a few months, it may feel like your hair is not growing.
Pampering your hair and treating it like fine cloth is a great strategy to grow your hair. Your current hair care regimen and hair style may be preventing your hair from retaining length.
Your hair is not going to stop growing, however if you are not keeping the length at the ends, you will never appear to have longer hair. Here are some easy tips to help you retain hair growth.
1. Wear a protective hair style. This is any hair style where you are not manipulating your hair excessively.
2. Wear your hair in a bun, puff, french braid, or ponytail that is not tight.
3. Avoid placing your hair in contact with harsh fabrics. If your shoulder length hair seems not go be growing it could be because it is rubbing against your wool coat for several hours a week while you are commuting. Wear a silk scarf to be a barrier while you are wearing your wool coat.
4. Wear a hair style where you are not combing it everyday. Try two strand twists, three strand twists, box braids, micro braids, roller sets, afros, braid outs, flexi rod sets, and not heat styling.
5. Add water, then oil to the ends of your hair. You want to protect the ends of your hair.